|Romain Meussen's team does research on exercise, nutriation and brain development and brain maintenaince. Photo: Vimeo Creative Commons|
- Exercise and nutrition can influence brain development in youth.
- Exercise and nutrition can slow down and reverse cognitive decline in the elderly.
- Exercise and nutrition influences brain health through several mechanisms that create new neurons (neurogenesis).
- Fatigue during exercise can reside in the brain.
- Nutritional interventions may influence the occurrence of “central or brain fatigue” during exercise.
- Sports Science Exchange (2013) Vol. 26, No. 112, 1-6